Melanie was a healer, and like many sensitive people (empaths), she felt she took on energies that weren’t hers. She came to me for a good clearing, knowing that Healing Touch is a great way to release congestion from the energy system.
At the end of our session, Melanie felt lighter and described a sense of freedom. A few days later, she reported that her physical senses were sharper and her intuition was stronger. However, there were still times when she felt vulnerable to other people’s energy. She described feeling drained by certain people, and experienced a sticky heaviness when in large groups.
Here are two tips I suggested for Melanie’s ongoing self care between Healing Touch sessions. You might find them helpful, too.
1) Epsom salt baths in the evening to help clear away energy she may have picked up during the day. Here’s a recipe that I enjoy:
- Fill a tub with hot or warm water.
- Add 1-2 cups of Epsom salts.
- Add a few drops of a calming essential oil such as rose or lavender.
- Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Shower after the bath to remove the drying effects of the salts.
- Apply body lotion.
- Enjoy sweet dreams!
2) Exercises to strengthen her energy field and to protect her from picking up others’ energy.
One of my favorites is the yoga sun salutation. You can find many variations on YouTube. I like this one.
Another simple exercise, especially if you feel drained when you’re with certain people, is to:
- Take a deep breath….
- Ground yourself into the Earth…
- Imagine the Earth absorbing and transmuting the energy you may be picking up.
- Repeat for 3-5 breaths
These are just a couple of the many exercises I teach clients to help them create boundaries and maintain healthy relationships.
Even though you may not consider yourself an empath like Melanie, there are many times throughout the day when we all take on energies that don’t belong to us. Next time you feel drained, try one of these methods. Let me know if it helps!
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net