I typically join the masses by making New Year’s resolutions on January 1st. But for some reason, I also find myself making resolutions as summer wanes and fall approaches.
I’m not sure why. Perhaps it’s because this time of year marks the beginning of the school year and I have that ingrained in my psyche from all of my school years gone by. It has also occurred to me that my Jewish friends celebrate their new year, Rosh Hashana, in the fall.
Whatever the reason, I invite you to join me in making a New Year’s resolution now, rather than waiting until January 1st!
Here are three simple steps for making a resolution:
1. Reflect on what you would like to be different in your life.
2. Create a statement of intention.
3. Take action to help make your resolution a reality.
Here is my resolution:
1. I would like to be more conscious about taking care of my physical body.
2. My intention is to release some excess weight that has crept up on me the past few years.
3. To support my resolution, I have taken action by signing up for The Dragon’s Way to Stress Management and Healthy Living.